[bf1942] Anti cheat tool

Shockwave shockwave at blastingzone.org
Wed Nov 19 10:16:23 EST 2003

> This only applies to infantry weapons.  We know that you can see past the
> fog limit with artillery.

There may be another issue at hand.  I am part of a competitive Desert
Combat team, and I advocate the use of suppressing fire when attacking an
enemy position.  This involves soldiers using heavy weapons with high rates
of fire shooting towards an enemy position not necessarily trying to hit
anything in particular.  It is used to bombard the target with enough
incoming fire so that the enemy is forced to take cover rather than expose
themselves in order to return fire.  This allows fireteams to advance in
groups towards the target with less enemy resistance.  It is not only an
effective tactic in real-life combat situations, but it also works well in
the game.

Since the targets are not always visible, hits may be sustained by the
opposing team without the originator of the shots purposefully aiming at
them.  This might be registered as a cheat if I understand how this proposed
anti-cheat software functions.  I'd hate to see players like my teammates
and me get labeled as cheaters for simply engaging in valid military
tactical maneuvers.

Shockwave