[bf1942] BF and wineX 3.1

Manni Eppe manni_eppe at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 17 14:20:13 EST 2003

Got it workin so far, the performance is quite OK. Considering the performance
it's absoluteley playable on my Athlon 1800 XP with 1 GIG DDR-RAM an a GF Ti
4400
But there are still those texture probs: when the angle from the players point
of view to the ground is very sharp, the textures on the ground get black. In
other words: when you're standing on plain ground the ground app. "100 m"
away from you is dark grey /black.
Has anybody faced a similar problem. (maybe also in another context, the
symptom is quite characteristic.)
My  Joystick is workin as well, even though it's a Microsoft Joystick. The
only thing is that i can't assign the coolie-head buttons, because wineX is
treating them as axes, not as buttons. Also there is a "tenth" Button on my
Joystick, which is to indicate if the Joystick is touched by a Hand or not.
(for Force Feedback)That Button is, at least in Battlefield, always pressed,
so if i want to assign a key or Button a function, (e.g. Fire, jump, crouch
etc) always this "Button 10" is recognized. So i had to edit the .con files
manually.
Anybody knows how to disable a button on an usb-Joystick in Linux/SuSE?
Thx in advance, for question about wineX and BF just ask me, i'm quite into
the stuff right now..
Greetz, Manni