[bf1942] okay....tell me what this means

Maarten De Meyer keats at prophecy.be
Sat May 31 05:48:01 EDT 2003

On another notice :

"When content check is turned on by the server admin (default setting in
the dedicated server front end), only players with COMPLETELY CLEAN BF
1942 installs will be able to play on the server. When content check is
turned off by the server admin, anyone can join the server, whether they
are running the merciless mod, or have have Desert Combat installed."

That completely clean, does that mean that people who have mods
installed but not activated (eg DC or EoD by the time 1.4 has arrived,
at least another two weeks says EA), won't be able to join pure servers
at all? Or people who have a custom map on their bf client, will they
still be able to join pure servers? If that's not the case I can't
really see the (otherwise great) pure mode survive long.

Thanx for the info