[bf1942] Tards to ban

Casey Zacek bfb-bf at bogleg.org
Fri May 30 16:49:07 EDT 2003

CD keys should not be a problem.  It doesn't have to be the CD key
itself, even, but an ID of some sort generated from it (ala WONID for
half-life-based games).

Banning by MAC address is just as weak as IP address.  Actually, it's
worse because it wouldn't work.  My server doesn't know your client
machine's MAC address.  It's too many hops away.  A server only knows
the MACs of itself, its gateway, and anything that has broadcasted
traffic to it (or is close enough to via subnets).

--
-- Casey Zacek (Zippo)                  Beer for Breakfast servers
   66.111.111.66:27015 (CS multi-map)     <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>