[bf1942] Tards to ban

Steve Getman steve at lightcubed.com
Fri May 30 12:19:05 EDT 2003

Question is, does the CD Key actually get sent to the server?  My guess
would be that it is not.  Having it sent may not be a good idea either
since it could theoretically be captured and used for pirated copies of
the game.

An alternative way to handle bans might be to base them on MAC address.
These are unique per ethernet card so it wouldn't matter if the tard tried
to change his ip.  The downside is that MAC addresses can be spoofed
fairly easily by someone who knows how.

--
Steve Getman
steve at lightcubed.com