[bf1942] Tards to ban

Casey Zacek bfb-bf at bogleg.org
Fri May 30 08:05:44 EDT 2003

Dave Roberts wrote (at Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:42:06AM +0100):
> Couldn't you just block traffic from the whitehouse.gov network at your
> firewall.

hehe..

While we can theoretically just block traffic for everyone we need to
ban, it's just not good enough.

Even the builtin banning by IP address is not good enough.  Banning IP
addresses in the days of dynamically assigned IPs is really totally
pointless for any extended period.

I haven't seen anything anywhere, though, to suggest that we'll have
any real banning of *players* (as opposed to their machines/networks)
capabilities in BF1942.

Andreas, are we going to have that capability?  Without it, cheating
*will* take over the game, and running public servers will be a
nightmare.

--
-- Casey Zacek (Zippo)                  Beer for Breakfast servers
   66.111.111.66:27015 (CS multi-map)     <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>