[bf1942] Downloading maps

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Tue May 27 20:37:36 EDT 2003

If this is an option, do what UT does and use a http redirect server
so the bandwidth / load of the download can be handled else where.
So you just have a config option which points to a URL which
contains the required map files e.g.
RedirectURL=http://myredirect.server.com/files/bf1942/
Compression=True

Compression always helps keep the client download size down
wouldn't have to be custom compression like UT zip would do
if theirs no licensing issues.

    Steve / K