[bf1942] Should i Wine or should i go ?

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at shafted.com.au
Tue May 27 10:34:19 EDT 2003

Howdy,

> 1. Don´t do anymore bugfixes on Win32-Structure, only if it´s in the
client, not the server
> 2. Release 1.4 now!

Actually, I'd be more comfortable with "fix the win32 structure because
that's what I (and others) use to play the game" and "Release 1.4 when it's
ready and not a second before".  Otherwise we'll be bitching and complaining
about the 1.5 release taking too long ...

> the higher costs on Win2kServer-License and many other things like
> security.

Windows 2000 Professional works fine, or even Windows XP Pro (remote desktop
is a lot nicer than VNC for remote admin).  If you're really hard up for
cash, grab a 120 day evaluation copy of Windows 2003 Server from Microsoft.
After the 120 days is up, there's probably a good chance that the Linux code
will be mature enough.

.t
---
Tristan Gulyas   Game Server Administrator
zardoz at shafted.com.au  Shafted LAN Pty Ltd
http://zardoz.hotblack.net http://www.shafted.com.au/
  "We so know how to LAN"