[bf1942] Should i Wine or should i go ?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon May 26 01:13:55 EDT 2003

--On Sunday, May 25, 2003 7:21 PM -0400 "Kevin J. Anderson"
<lestat at counter-strike.net> wrote:

> well, thats not that great of an option.  The isssue is clients.  and
> demand.   The sad thing is, that most people I know have given up on 1942
> and gone back to other games, due to the lag, and lack of decent servers.
> The question is, will the linux server release be a day late and dollar
> short?

Will they come back once the server is ready?

How much demand are we talking? If you've got serious numbers, and can show
that lack of a Linux server caused clients to displace to a competing game,
then you take those numbers to EA so that Linux servers for future games
will get proper funding and prioritization.