[bf1942] Should i Wine or should i go ?

Kevin J. Anderson lestat at counter-strike.net
Sun May 25 19:21:59 EDT 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: ScratchMonkey [mailto:ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com]
->Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 6:24 PM
->To: bf1942 at icculus.org
->Subject: Re: [bf1942] Should i Wine or should i go ?
->
->--On Sunday, May 25, 2003 8:56 AM +0200 keats at prophecy.be wrote:
->
->> He demands our bf publics to be succesful (they're empty 90% of the time
->> now due to the lag, although there is a lot of demand for a
->central server
->> for our belgian community (hey, we almost won eurovision yesterday :D)),
->> the threat is using the machines for an other game.
->
->So deploy the other games on the server until the Linux BF server is
->released and stable. 1.4 is not a magic bullet, and it'll probably take a
->few more releases to call it good. Just think of this as the same
->situation
->as waiting for a new game. The HL2 server isn't out yet, and I
->doubt you'd
->have idle servers while you wait for it.

well, thats not that great of an option.  The isssue is clients.  and
demand.   The sad thing is, that most people I know have given up on 1942
and gone back to other games, due to the lag, and lack of decent servers.
The question is, will the linux server release be a day late and dollar
short?

1942 could have exploded.  I dont see that happening anymore.  for various
reasons.

kev