[bf1942] By the time BF is setup for a linux server

Kelu kelu at polaris.ro
Sun May 25 18:47:52 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com>
To: <bf1942 at icculus.org>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [bf1942] By the time BF is setup for a linux server

> True, but my team uses ASE and GameSpy3D externally for filtering. GS has
> very nice boolean language for specifying filters with string and numeric
> comparison on any rule. It also has a nice buddy list feature that looks
> for a list of substrings in all players' names, and you can sort servers
> based on how many buddies are on a server.

I recommend GameSpy Arcade and not 3D. For advanced server filtering see
this:
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/helpers/workshop/filters

> I do wish the in-game dialogs were keyboard-sensitive instead of requiring
> a mouse click on the "ok". I hate the dreadful mouse sensitivity in the
> screens with dialogs, as it's hard to find the "ok" button to hit and
slows
> down my exit to get back to GameSpy3D. (This is mainly an issue if I get
> dropped from a server crash. If I'm leaving on my own, I bring down the
> console and type "quit" to get out fast.)

Agreed. Also i hate in servers with FreeCamera 1 ... while i'm dead i can't
move around cause i use Invert Mouse and is no option to set up "Death
Camera" to work on Invert Mouse.

Kelu
Official GameSpy Arcade Helper