[bf1942] By the time BF is setup for a linux server

demolish demolish at demolish.nu
Sun May 25 18:47:17 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klemen Gersak (515TEM Compaq)" <klemen at 515tem.com>
To: <bf1942 at icculus.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [bf1942] By the time BF is setup for a linux server

> but another problem will occure with the 1.4 patch. A flood of linux
> servers. That means a lot more than just these 1000 win servers we can
find
> online these days.

Will that be a problem?
We all know *NIX servers will work better than windows servers on the same
hardware, unless the *NIx port is buggy.

The reason I say *NIX is cus the linux port of the BF1942 server can run on
for example FreeBSD (UNIX), I have tried that, and it worked nicely.

> Dice SHOULD concider a better filtering system. I like HL and UT2003
filters
> best. Medal of Honor and BF (dedicated&password) filters are no good or
not
> enough at least...

Indeed. Should be a separate list for "favourite" servers, and a posibility
to add favourites by right-clicking on a server and selecting the respective
menu choise.