[bf1942] Should i Wine or should i go ?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Sun May 25 18:24:04 EDT 2003

--On Sunday, May 25, 2003 8:56 AM +0200 keats at prophecy.be wrote:

> He demands our bf publics to be succesful (they're empty 90% of the time
> now due to the lag, although there is a lot of demand for a central server
> for our belgian community (hey, we almost won eurovision yesterday :D)),
> the threat is using the machines for an other game.

So deploy the other games on the server until the Linux BF server is
released and stable. 1.4 is not a magic bullet, and it'll probably take a
few more releases to call it good. Just think of this as the same situation
as waiting for a new game. The HL2 server isn't out yet, and I doubt you'd
have idle servers while you wait for it.