Should i Wine or should i go ?

keats at prophecy.be keats at prophecy.be
Sat May 24 09:53:13 EDT 2003

I know you are bound to non-disclosure by the dice release manager; and I
know why the 1.4 isn't out yet (a few last win32 bugs), but another friday
has passed, another week no patch. My superior has given me a deadline
concerning our battlefield server section so I'm getting pretty desperate.

This mail is not meant to whine or beg or try to double the amount of grey
hair on your head, but Andreas, can't you even give an order of magnitude
as to when we can expect it? The reason I ask this is simple : if you say
for instance : chances are pretty big we won't be able to release the 1.4
patch before the summer holiday's (july here ;) ), then I would like to
know now so I can suggest the alternative Wine/windows server combination.
If, on the other hand, it is only a matter of at most a few weeks, I can
still be patient for a little while longer and hope and pray :)

Don't get me wrong, you are undoubtedly doing a great job and I appreciate
the updates which make this list worth while, but I have to choose now
between keeping on waiting and trying alternatives/giving up our servers.
So even the vaguest, unofficial, smallest hint, preferrably expressed in a
real timeframe (not very very very soon ;) ), would mean a lot to me, and
undoubtedly many others on this list.