Linux server status report 2003-05-20

Fredriksson, Andreas andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Tue May 20 03:41:48 EDT 2003

Hi list, here's the usual status report.

It's been a very busy week. Without saying to much I guess you can imagine
that we
are pushing very hard to close the remaining win32 bugs that are blocking a
1.4
release. It's going to be a patch with lots of bug fixes and new features.

Most of the Linux work has just been to verify all the win32 fixes and they
seem
to work fine in the Linux server as well. As a small bonus, I've added a
curses
based status monitor you can enable with +statusMonitor 1 that shows the
current
map, ip, port, number of players, game mode, xpack status and a few other
useful
values.

Once win32-1.4 goes in final testing I'll start my own regression tests and
branch
of the source code to be able quickly release Linux updates.

Please bear with us, we're getting there.

Regards,
Andreas Fredriksson
Programmer
Digital Illusions CE Sthlm AB