[bf1942] SMP

Patrick Gavin wezelboy at soe.ucsc.edu
Sun May 18 11:57:54 EDT 2003

Besides, you would need access to the source code to get any real
performance benefits (by using MPI or some other parallelization
interface). Those benefits may not be tangible due to the latency issues
that Tom brought up. Most HPC clustering addresses latency with quatrix
or myrinet, but those solutions usually cost more than the processors
themselves.

-P