[bf1942] Getting a little antsy, new release?

Reinder Gerritsen reinder at strikerz.net
Fri May 16 08:08:28 EDT 2003

And as also mentioned previously by Andreas, once 1.4 hit's the road,
he promised patches would be coming out as they used to.

Daniel, realy, what do you try to accomplish here?

Andreas was clear about how it will be:

- 1.31 will no longer be worked on to fix bugs cause it takes to much
effort maintaining both builds.
- 1.4 will be released once Win32 clients are fixed
- AFTER this release, new server builds will be more frequent
availeble to fix Server issues while maintaining compatibility
with the 1.4 client, just as we were used to.

When this will be, Andreas just can't tell. Probably his management is
afraid they trip over some nasty bug requiring them to postpone, after the
picked a release date. After so much time, having to delay a releasedate
the revealed to the public would hurt too much. Prolly they have an idea
of release date, but maybee they don't because they have problems
estimating the time needed to squash the bugs...

Look, it's frustrating for sure, and I also eagerly await the 1.4 release,
but I realy don't see why so many still don't get it. You've been on the
list for quite some time (I vividly remember your first post here ;)) so
you've seen the same messages from Andreas as I did...

Surely idealy developement of BF would have been in an easily portable
code tree, but that's one station they passed a long time ago. Just sit
tight and wait as most others do.