[bf1942] Betreff: Re: [bf1942] Getting a little antsy, new release?

Matrix Matrix at ServerXtreme.com
Thu May 15 12:59:51 EDT 2003

I second that!!  Good things come to those who wait. :-p   The funny
thing is the same people that bitch about it taking so long will be the
same people that will bitch like crazy about every little bug they find.
To those who bitch, just be thankfully that this is a free Linux port.
They do not have to do this, but they chose to, and that gets my respect
no matter how long it takes!  Coding takes time, and bug fixes take
time.  If they gave it to you now, you would most likely not run it
anyway if bugs exist!   Hell you would have an empty server anyway
considering this is 1.4 and that is not even released on windows yet!!!

Matrix

-----Original Message-----
From: Rowan Smith [mailto:fsd at fsdtech.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 11:39 AM
To: bf1942 at icculus.org
Subject: RE: [bf1942] Betreff: Re: [bf1942] Getting a little antsy, new
release?

dont like it? use the win32 version.

  _____

From: SantaHomer at web.de [mailto:SantaHomer at web.de]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 12:27 AM
To: bf1942 at icculus.org

WE WAIT NEARLY 1 YEAR FOR A LINUX SERVER! (no beta. no shit)

this m8s on ea and dice arent able to create it.... or why we must wait
so long?????

...noway...

-------Original-Nachricht-------

Von: bf1942 at icculus.org
Datum: Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2003 18:22:01
An: Eric Schultz <mailto:bf1942 at icculus.org>
Betreff: Re: [bf1942] Getting a little antsy, new release?

Hello Eric Schultz,

i think they make it like the 1.3 Patch and bring it out when "SECRET
WAEPONS" ready to sale.
But this is only a assumption remember we are all "only stupidly
Useres" that have already bay the BF1942........

mfg

Marcus

ES> Ok, I understand that this is probally the worst question to ask,
ES> but Andreas, when will we see a new server version? the next week?
ES> the next month? another 3 months?
ES> I'm getting a little antsy here because I've heard all about this
new build,
ES> how it doesn't suffer the woe's of the old one and I want to try it
out!
ES> I know that you guys are working hard on this, but we haven't seen a
release
ES> for a long time!
ES> Can we at least have an approx. date? like three weeks, 2 months or
something
ES> like that? I'm not expecting it to be out of beta or anthing like
that.
ES> I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth setting it up through
wine.

--
Marcus Berger
mailto:BMP at gmx.de