[bf1942] P4 or Athlon for server platform?

NINjak ninjak at ss-nl.com
Mon May 12 03:59:43 EDT 2003

Hello guys,

The AMD Athlon is the better platform to host multiplayer games.
His strong FPU is the (real) reason to choose for the Athlon instead of the
P4/XEON !

Go for dual systems if you have the money, you can host more (heavy)
gameservers on 1 dual system, the cpu with the less load will handle the
i/o transactions.

You can host more gameservers on one dual systeem then on 2 separate
systems :)

Cya NINjak