Release 0.1 (very beta!) of Dr Him's bf1942admin web admin script s

Stewart, John johns at artesyncp.com
Fri Mar 28 15:16:03 EST 2003

Someone posted this URL a while back:

http://outflux.net/software/bf1942-console

It is a console script to control the bf1942 server as if you were using the console from within the game.

I have hacked this script and used it as a basis for a set of Perl cgi scripts which allow you to kick/ban/unban users and change maps for admins to do web-based administration of a bf1942 server. I've only tested this on a Linux bf1942 server, but I do not see why it would not work to control a Windoze server:

http://bf1942-web.johnstewart.com/scripts/bf1942admin-0.1.tgz

This is VERY beta, with only minimal testing, and horrible documentation (but anyone with a little perl and cgi experience can see what is going on by looking at the code). I highly recommend you password protect this script from public access!

I thought other people might find this useful, as there seems to be a lack of any useful admin utilities for bf1942. Good luck!

johnS