[bf1942] BF1942 Player Statistics

Udo Held udo at udoheld.de
Fri Mar 28 13:41:17 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 05:36:51PM +0100, Fredriksson, Andreas wrote:

> Not currently, but it will be available.
>
> We are planning a complete round logging system for BF1942
> which will probably be XML based. This has been requested
> by lots of server administrators and stats junkies.
>
> Since we are now building the Linux and Windows versions
> from the same source tree (and since we will be releasing
> Linux updates more often) you will probably see it appear
> in the Linux versions before the windows versions. :-)
>
> What directory structure/file name conventions would people
> want for the logging?

IMO that doesn't matter to much.

Praefix YYYYMMDD Number.

The number should have 3 digits. eg 001-999 should be ok for
battlefield.

For example:
BF20030228001.log

Information like Mapinfo, Modinfo, Servername, Serverip should be
written into the logfile itself. That would be the easiest way for stats
parsers.