[bf1942] BF1942 Player Statistics

Stewart, John johns at artesyncp.com
Fri Mar 28 12:36:27 EST 2003

> a unique player id would be very helpful in kicking/banning
> players or to
> prevent (stats)faking, any chance to add this feature?

Yes, this would be immensely useful! Kick by CD-key is definitely more useful than by (changeable) IP.

I think any log format is fine, as long as it is consistent. Machines are good at parsing consistent log files. =)

Things to log at a miniumum, IMHO:
- Player switching teams.
- Player killing player (and which teams each is on).
- Player wounding player (and which teams).
- Player joining.
- Player "says" and "teamsays". (this would allow for scripting events based on player input, like a more powerful map voting process).

Eagerly anticipating!

johnS