AW: [bf1942] Not ready for prime time / SHOWSTOPPERS

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon Mar 24 22:16:00 EST 2003

--On Monday, March 24, 2003 9:37 PM -0500 "Ryan C. Gordon"
<icculus at clutteredmind.org> wrote:

> Give them a break, they're just ramping up...this isn't a matter of
> popping in a Visual Studio.NET disc and recompiling. Anyone that's
> done Linux development knows that just getting a properly configured
> devbox takes time, let alone fixing the strange bugs that pop up and doing
> a good, clean (albeit beta) release.

Not to mention how BIG this code is. 15 minutes to *link* on a bleeding
edge box. God knows how long it must take to compile. Hopefully DICE can
commit a few machines to a compile farm to make that less painful.

(Is that link time from just I/O, or does this thing have an ugly
dependency graph?)