[bf1942] Not ready for prime time / SHOWSTOPPERS

Christopher Kunz chris at de-punkt.de
Mon Mar 24 17:48:42 EST 2003

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> --On Monday, March 24, 2003 4:17 PM +1030 shagnome

> I run a single BF1942 server alongside multiple Tribes 2 servers, 3
> TeamSpeak servers, email, web, FTP, and forums. The BF1942 server is the
> least stable and is a constant source of irritation to the non-BF1942
> users because of its instability. I tried Coop mode the other day and
> brought the box to its knees, dropping all the TeamSpeak clients for a
> minute or two before I got a shell prompt back and could kill it. Not good.

100 per cent agreement. These are the two definite show stoppers:
Lag/Bungee/you-name-it effects and the incredible leak of the coop server.
If I needed to priorize things, these would be the top 2 on my list to
fix before midnight (and it's 23:48 here now).

--ck

--
php development | hosting |  housing | professional game server hosting
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ chris at de-punkt.de ]    http://www.stormix.de