The "bungie effect"

z1g z1g at terminal-insanity.com
Sun Mar 23 16:37:30 EST 2003

It appears to me that this is the largest bug that currently exists in
the Linux server. I could be wrong, but it seems that the "lag" or
"bungie" effect bug is the reason that game hosts and clans will not use
the linux server. The other minor bugs. though they may detract from
overall gameplay are not show stoppers.

My question is to the DICE development team. What can you say about the
"bungie" or "lag" and what sort of timeline can we expect to see any
changes.

I am by no means trying to be rude, but there are those of us who are
paying to provide servers and resources so that the publishers can make
money. It would be nice to see such effort from them.

DICE taking over was a cosmetic move from what I see so far and
basically was done to diffuse the petition and public outcry for a
playable linux server that would only support the game that many if not
all of us here paid for with our hard earned money.

For all the casual gamers that are running servers for fun on your cable
and DSL this does not apply to you, and please spare me the rude
comments that only serve as lip service to the people that really do not
care for your best interests.

The bottom line is, in it's current state the linux server is useless at
best and it is time we demand better.

I am sorry for the rant and mean no disrespect, but month after month of
no progress and little communication have me completely frustrated.

--
z1g <z1g at terminal-insanity.com>