[bf1942] Coop mode uses all CPU, denies client connections

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri Mar 21 11:05:37 EST 2003

--On Friday, March 21, 2003 09:17:39 AM -0600 Bill Wood
<wawoodtx at attbi.com> wrote:

> Scratchmonkey, I haven't tried co-op since 1.2 when it would eventually
> seg fault. The number of bots is the number of maxplayers less any human
> players that have connected. I believe that if you don't
> autobalanceteams, then the humans can all join one team and the bots
> will join the other as long as you have half of the playermax in humans.
> Your plan sounds intriguing, too bad co-op's not working. I would think
> that plus the RtR map issue should be bugs #1 and #2.

Agreed. I can live with the weapon snap-back issue, the only other problem
I've noticed. But RtR maps and bot play for practice would be the big
issues for competition teams right now.

Sounds like I can set maxplayers to twice my team's size, and then I'll get
1-to-1 bots to humans.