[bf1942] DICE update: in-house Linux server

Maarten De Meyer keats at prophecy.be
Tue Mar 18 14:45:57 EST 2003

This *may* not belong in this list, since it is also a windows problem,
but the console suffers from lack of using spaces. It really shouldn't
be that one chan change ingame to maps that consist of one word, but
that it's impossible to change to maps like el alamein, iwo jima,... via
remote console (save for the remote programs which always require a
context switch).

Generally using spaces in the console parameters are impossible.
Admin.execremotecommand "Game.sayall bla bla" doesn’t allow you to say
sentences ingame with spaces; but this you can work around using the €
sign since it hasn't got an equivalent in the battlefield font; still
the mapchanges are the biggest problem.