[bf1942] DICE update: in-house Linux server

Brigham Stevens brs at vikingmind.com
Tue Mar 18 13:13:24 EST 2003

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for sending this out. Ryan has done an outstanding job for us. Two
things that he did that really worked well for the linux "community" was that
he was accessible via this mailing list, and he maintained a public bug
database server that we could review and post bugs on.

Unfortunately, the BF1942 mailing list has totally degenerated over the past
few weeks due to a few impatient people. I am requesting that a notice be sent
out warning people to stay on topic, stop whining, focus on sharing
information about bugs to help you develop, and other admins to solve
problems. The list has had some extreemly useful e-mail, but is on the verge
of being worthless now unless people get straight. Unfortunately, I don't know
if much can be done, because the outcome of such a warning would probably be
more whining... But anything you can do to keep the list on topic would be
superb.

Anyways, it would be terrific to continue helping beta-test the server with
this level of access to the development team, and I hope you will continue
with where Ryan left off.

Regards,

--brigham