[bf1942] DICE update: in-house Linux server

--=*dD*|Campino=-- campino at divine-devils.de
Tue Mar 18 12:28:29 EST 2003

Hello Andreas,

FA> Hi,

FA> no I can't say that I have read this entire list, so if you could
FA> summarize the top ten bugs to fix that would be very useful :-)

FA> We are also working in-house to fix a lot of bugs we are aware of.

Some bugs I know:
- Panzerabwehr/Bazooka reloads twice (remaining ammo gets decreased
twice too)

- When running a Road to Rome map, nobody can connect to the server

- There's a bug (i call it "Bungee"-effect), that let the player turn
back some degrees when turning or pulling the player back some
steps/meters when running/driving

- When trying to zoom, the view jumps back to normal view immediately

- Don't know if it still exists, but it was in the 1.3 build:
Within the servernames or the welcome messages, spaces must be replaced with underscores

By the way:
There's a feature in the linux builds that should be build in the
windows server:
the server password can be changed via the remote console on linux
servers with game.serverpassword
On windows servers I just get an errormessage...

--
Greetz,
--=*dD*|Campino=--