[bf1942] RE : RE: [bf1942] RE : Re: AW: [bf1942] Where can i DL

cuban cuban at hoodedmaniac.com
Mon Mar 17 18:35:15 EST 2003

I can't help but to respond to this nonsense. Sorry everyone.

I'm an avid linux AND windows user. If you are getting "random" blue
screens in windows you don't know what the hell you are doing. Windows
gives plenty of data as to why.

This very machine I'm typing on (happened to be working on my server)
has an uptime of 3 months (since SP3 came out). Basically, if you say
Windows is for amateurs then you haven't used the more advanced
features. Active Directory is amazing; it makes life on the end user
VERY simple, which in the end... is all that counts.

I wouldn’t recognize and easy to use distro? Man, I think RedHat dumbs
some things down worse than Microsoft.

All I'm saying is don't shorthand Windows, in a business environment:
Active Directory kills any other form of centralized logon, Exchange
kills Sendmail (if you say otherwise, or complain about resource usage
you aren't sure of all the features it provides), and NTFS ties into AD
perfectly.

Though on the internet, I would never even consider using a Windows box.
I still have my dual homed sendmail box forward all my email to my
exchange server. I would never put an IIS server up, nor msSQL either
(at least not for public access)

Just my two cents, but we shouldn't clutter this mailing list with
anything but BF1942 linux questions. Not that there could really be any
;).

cuban