[bf1942] RE : Re: AW: [bf1942] Where can i DL

Ola Fransson ola.fransson at home.se
Mon Mar 17 11:58:23 EST 2003

as i see it,
MS Server is a server for Dumies, you can put it up if you know how to press
next...if you set it up with out turning on and off services that you do not
need and so on you will have a server that does not work great at all not in
my prespective anyway. (but how sets up a server without configure it???)
Linux, well, you are most of the time forced to configure it , and you
almost need some knowlage or at least to read the manual but its not hard to
get a linux server not to function correctly if you dont know what your are
doing.
Some thing that amuses me very much is to see people talking about how the
could only get there Windows 2000 Server to run stable for X days and there
linux boxes were running for the 5th year now, how can that be? is it just
because the linux freaks have decide not to like Windows and there fore not
put as much effort in trying to get the server to preform correctly or maby
that they is wery poor in knowlage about windows?

Now dont go get upset by this, i think linux and windows is great, its
almost allways the due or gal behind the keyboard who makes the mess.

Yes and one more note, what are EA thinking, ofcorse the Linux server should
be priorotized, now think, how is hosting the game servers? is it big
companys how has afford to by a Windows 2000 Server or a 2003 even, or is it
the private user who has no founding at all? ok some ISPs migth be intrested
in running servers but in the big picture?
I had to installl Windows 2000 Server just to be able to run the BF server
and will switch back as soon as the Linux BF exits the beta state (to poor
windows knowlage to do anything fun with it)

Nuf´Said....