AW: [bf1942] Where can i DL

roger rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 21:42:10 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 17:11, Don Kukral wrote:

> It seems the only problem we have here is that EA suprised Ryan with a
> point release but I am sure he is off working on it. I will not go sign
> some petition just because somebody says to. Especially with
> misinformation like the comment about RTR. I think Ryan and EA are doing
> a great job. It sure would be nice to have a little more communication
> from Ryan but as a coder I can accept that communication probably isn't
> very high on his TODO list.

Who said that signing a petition will cause an action as somebody using
a baseball bat on EA's knee's?  I do not see a petition as being either
politically nor publically harmful.

I think you're looking at the issue wrong.  If a large party signs a
petition or a complaint about something and people actually take the
time to do something, most people are sometimes surprised by the
response and may actually fix something.

Do you live in a communist country that hinders free speech or what???

> So, I would just like to say this, before we all run off and sign a
> petition to EA that could cause more problems than it is worth.

eh. that quote reminds me of WWII (with all this crap going on).

A statement from the WWII era might read as such, "What's all this fuss
about just a few jews missing from society?" lol  I can go "on and on"
about that era as I've studied some political science.

> Please
> remember that Ryan already tasked with doing what you are asking EA to
> do. They could just decide that he isn't doing a good enough job or that
> it just isn't worth the effort and pull the plug on the whole thing. So
> why don't we just give it some more time and actually see what the guy
> doing the work has to say about the whole thing.

bah.  consumers pay the $$$ and there is a demand for a
product/service.  people are just voicing that they want a product.

your statement is similar to me saying, "Bah. Who needs Windows
Updates?"  (my point being, updates to code are there for the demand for
security as a linux server update is requested by the consumers becuase
they too have a demand for this also!).

The last thing i'd like to say is that the only person whom knows if
Ryan is doing a good job would be Ryan's boss himself.  I have no idea
whom ryan is and for all i know, his boss's name is Sgt Carter (no
offense ryan ;-).

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html