[bf1942] Loging when Screen is activ

Anton Jansen gradius at fmf.nl
Wed Mar 12 10:00:31 EST 2003

Hi,

You should redirect the output of the BF process to a file

For example:

screen -A -m -d -S BF ./bf1942_lnxded +game CollectionRtR | tee bf.log
2>&1

Will redirect the output of the bf server process to the console of the
screen session and save it in the file bf.log. The 2>&1 will combine the
error and stdout stream in one stream, so you can see how they interact.
After that you can use your normal script/programming skills to read and
filter the log file for the information you want to have ... (off course
you could also connect it to the pipe instead ...)

Kind regards,

Anton Jansen