[bf1942] Formula for calculating CPU status?

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Wed Mar 12 03:06:17 EST 2003

--On Wednesday, March 12, 2003 8:45 AM +0100 "--=*dD*|Campino=--"
<campino at divine-devils.de> wrote:

> It seems that the Windows DS is only a client without the menus,
> textures and sound files but it still needs DirectX (but I can't
> understand WHY a ds needs DirectX...)

I think it's using some time-management API's from DX (ie. high-precision
timer). Does DX provide some kind of network management API?

I suspect a DS will end up with a better design if one first codes for
Linux (or BSD) and then ports it to Windows. Ideally the coder is
knowledgable in both and is aware of the limitations of each.

It probably makes sense for game teams to bring ex-Loki people on board to
"take point" on the DS part of their game.