[bf1942] Formula for calculating CPU status?

Christopher Kunz chris at de-punkt.de
Tue Mar 11 16:21:58 EST 2003

Andrew Chen wrote:
> Hello-
> Does anyone know what formula BF uses to calculate "CPU status"?  Is it
> based strictly on CPU speed?  Total CPU load over a certain (small)
> interval?  Amount of CPU used by the BF process over its life span?  It'd
> be appreciated.  Thanks.

Well, from what I remember, BF42 used to calculate that from the FPS the
server is able to spit out - as the Windows dedicated server seemed to
be a client minus DirectX plus remote console.

Under Linux, however, this fps rate is hard coded to 25 fps.

That's all only an AFAIR shot in the dark, withouth time to properly
query the archive.

--ck

--
php development | hosting |  housing | professional game server hosting
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ chris at de-punkt.de ]    http://www.stormix.de