AW: [bf1942] bf1942 packages

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon Mar 10 01:10:07 EST 2003

--On Monday, March 10, 2003 2:18 AM +0100 "Daniel E. Atencio Psille"
<dea at atencio.de> wrote:

> is there no such thing as 'start-stop-daemon' as debian provides? This bin
> provides (among others) the ability to specify a user:group.

For Red Hat, use the shell functions in /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.
Standard initscripts source this and then use the daemon function to spawn
stuff. That also prints the nice "[OK]" in color during boot for each
service. Check out any of the stock initscripts for examples. I always
steal from them when coding new ones.