Swap Partition Problem

bf at vandyke.sytes.net bf at vandyke.sytes.net
Sun Mar 9 23:52:27 EST 2003

This is probably very off-topic, but since this is a linux server issue
and this is a linux server list, I figured I'd ask.

On my brand new BF1942 server (it's also my CS, RTCW, Q3, MOHAA server) I
am missing my swap partition.  This is a Dual-Processor AMD MP 2000+
machine with 512MB RAM and an 80GB Western Digital HD.  I loaded RedHat
8.0 on it and put it in service.  I just noticed the other day that my
swap partition isn't mounted.  I know that I created one during the
install, but now it's not mounting and not even showing up when I go into
fdisk (linux).  It's not listed in /etc/fstab either.  I'm wondering if I
have a problem w/ the geometry on the HD or if there is another issue.
I'm not that familiar with disks larger than 20GB or so as boot drives.  I
partitioned it using disk druid and created a 10 GB /boot drive, a 1 GB
swap partition and made the rest /.

I'm thinking about wiping the whole thing and starting over.  Any
suggestions.  I've been using linux for 6+ years in a network server
environment and this is the first time I've seen this.

Thanks,

Paul