[bf1942] FAQ questions

Karl-Petter Åkesson karl-petter at home.se
Sat Mar 8 08:07:39 EST 2003

Hi all,

There seems to be quite som ppl running the server on FreeBSD as well, maybe other systems as
well, so maybe a question about that in the FAQ too?

Q:> Does the server only runs under Linux?
A:> No, it's know to run atleast on the following systems:
       - FreeBSD using the Linux Base.

Another specific FreeBSD issue I found a solution to:

Q: How do I keep the server from shutting down when I logout? My system does not have Screen.
The problem that makes the server shutdown is that the input pipe is closed when you logout. By directing the input from a file instead the server will keep running after you logout.

Do the following:

touch input.txt
./bf1942_lnxded < input.txt > output.txt &