[bf1942] Linux server forums?

Kingsley Foreman kingsley at uglypunk.com
Tue Mar 4 21:46:57 EST 2003

http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nephar
  To: bf1942 at icculus.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 1:14 PM
  Subject: [bf1942] Linux server forums?

  Hello all.  I'm new to this list and apologize in advance if this email is out of order.  But I've been hunting for a good BF1942 Linux Server Forum for two days so that I don't have to bother 500 people on a mailing list with my questions when I could search a forum and probably find the answers I'm looking for.

  I'm not new to Linux game server admin.  I currently run 4 Half-Life Mod servers (CS & DoD) on two Linux RedHat servers in two different datacenters across the US.  Yet for lack of documentation, I'm unable to get the Linux server running an able to connect to.  There is a HUGE hole in documentation and help for the Linux version of this server so I'm hoping to get some help here.

  First, is there a good forum for this topic somewhere?  If not, I'll be glad to host one on any of my web servers.  If there is, then you all will be able to breath a sigh of relief by not getting blasted by my simple questions that may have been answered before.

  Here's my issue. I have installed the server (tar xvjf blablabla.tar.bz2) and have installed the latest build in the same manner.  I have edited the ServerSettings.con and set game.ServerInternet to 1 and put the IP address in.  I left everything else as default.  Then I "ran the server" from the install directory with "./bf1942_lnxded".  The server cranks and appears to be running fine but I cant connect to it.  So I did some research and tried some command line parameters that are used with the Windows version (+restart 1 +dedicated 1), but still no go.

  I'm sure I missed something but I'm not able to find ANY documentation on installing and tweaking BF1942 Linux Server.

  Any assistance would be appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Nephar