[bf1942] Serious cpu use drop with beta 7

Casey Zacek bfb-bf at bogleg.org
Thu Jun 26 08:57:40 EDT 2003

James Gurney wrote (at Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:23:38PM -0700):
> I've been running beta7 since this morning, and the cpu use has
> *drmatically* dropped when the server is full.
>
> You can see this neatly illustrated in here:
>
> http://fez.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/woo/

http://bfb.bogleg.org/stats/index.cgi?g=w&s=bfb-bf1

I'm seeing the same effect.  You can see clearly that I updated from
ob5 to ob7 in the middle of Wednesday by the spike up, followed by
nothing for a while.

CPU per player on my machine is down by roughly 1%CPU (green, bottom
graph).  Somehow this also allows more outbound traffic..?

2xAthlonMP 1900+ (the percentages are percent of *one* CPU, not
total).

--
-- Casey Zacek (Zippo)                  Beer for Breakfast servers
   66.111.111.66:27015 (CS multi-map)     <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>