Announcement: open beta 6 available
andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Wed Jun 25 08:46:29 EDT 2003
the open beta 6 of the BF1942 dedicated Linux server is available
on the usual distribution site: http://bf1942.lightcubed.com.
This release is an incremental update which will update the
server from open beta 4 or 5 to open beta 6.
To install the update, cd to the directory where your bf1942
directory is located and untar the update file, this will
overwrite the files that need to be updated.
MD5 sums: 81ec000159042b1c96f6366dd5e3d2fc bf1942_lnxded.dynamic
Version: BF1942 (Ver:52221/Wed Jun 25 13:27:27 CEST 2003)
Release date: 2003-06-25
elease status: Incremental update from open beta 4 or 5.
Comment: Shipped with symbol table intact to produce stack traces.
- Compiled with different optimization settings to improve
- The game.sayAll console command is now available.
- game.listPlayers gives ip addresses in the correct order.
- The status monitor leaves more room for the server name.
- Added frame simulation stats to status monitor for beta
- SMP kernels can cause the server to use a lot more CPU than what
it it really should be using; the only known workaround is to
use a non-SMP kernel. People are also reporting success with the
development kernels (the 2.5.x series), which is only recommended
for the daring.
More information about the Bf1942