libstdc++.so.5 not found

Klaus Hinck klaus-hinck at web.de
Sat Jun 21 23:05:18 EDT 2003

when I try to start the server with ./start.sh I get "./bf1942_lnxded: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I allready found out that I need gcc 3.2 to get this library but it still doesn't work. I now have libstdc++.so.5 (it's located in /usr/local/lib) but how do I tell the server where it is?

when I try to start with ./bf1942_lnxded.static +statusMonitor1 it works, but i can't find the server in battlefield and when i do "admin.setnextlevel" and then "admin.runnextlevel" I get again the libstdc++.so.5 error.

I tryed both beta 4 and 5 on a debain 3.0 system