[bf1942] show me the hardware, show me the hardware!

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Thu Jun 19 12:05:52 EDT 2003

My machine an Athlon 2600+ with 1GB of ram, running with a 333 FSB on
the nForce2 chipset. This server also runs the website/database for our
clan, but this is pretty trivial in terms of cpu usage. Other than that,
it's dedicated to running the game.

I run the DC mod. With the 1.4 server release, it uses between 60 and
80% cpu for 24 players. I'm not sure if this enourmous cpu drain is
caused by DC or the Linux kernel problem Andreas referred to. Either
way, I had been hoping to run servers up to 64 players (as far as I'm
aware, the specs of my server are very similar to the 64 player BF
servers run by NVidia).

You can view performance data (players/cpu load/network usage) here:

http://fez.cracksmokingmonkeys.net

Cheers,

James