[bf1942] Launching problems

Brigham Stevens brs at vikingmind.com
Tue Jun 17 20:23:54 EDT 2003

Someone on this list did create a tarball of it a while ago... I have it
running on my server right now...  It was very easy to install. I simply
untar'd it right to the mod directory, changed my maplist.con in
mods/BF1942/Settings/maplist.con to use the lost village map, and it worked
just fine (As long as you consider this is a beta server running and alpha
mod).

Be sure to add the following to your command line after start.sh to start the
mod:

+game DesertCombat

Quoting Luca Grossi <dexter at shafted.com.au>:

> Fantastic , got it working :) thanks for your help!
> last thing..
> I was wondering if anyone has desert combat, lastest release setting on
> the
> net ? so that I don't have to install in on a windows machine then
> transfer
> it across to my linux machine ?  only on a 56k line at the moment Thanks
> :)
>
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:57:46 -0500 (CDT), Brigham Stevens
> <brs at vikingmind.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Luca,
> >
> > Try using the start.sh script that is bundled with it.
> >
> > ./start.sh
> >
> > Also, there is a readme file that is in the install directory that
> shows
> > several examples, including how to start it using the curses status
> > monitor (which is super cool).
> >

> > Quoting Luca Grossi <dexter at shafted.com.au>:
> >
> >> Been an exciting hour, manage to extract all the 1.4 linux server
> files
> >> But now having problems, when tying to start a basic server I finish
>
> >> tried
> >>
> >> starting it Dynamically using
> >>
> >> ./bf1942_lnxded.dynamic +game BF1942
> >> ./bf1942_lnxded.dynamic: error in loading shared libraries:
> >> libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> >> directory
> >> { got this error )
> >> so then tryed
> >>
> >> ./bf1942_lnxded.static +game BF1942
> >>
> >> and it just does nothing after that ,, any ideas what could be the
> >> problem ?
> >>

> > --brigham
> >

> --
> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

--brigham