[bf1942] Future of this list

Reinder P. Gerritsen reinder at strikerz.net
Tue Jun 17 16:34:49 EDT 2003

Virusses arn't my biggest concern. Surely, there is a risk about
virusses, but it isn't that high if defences are kept up like they
should. Spam would be much more of a concern since there isn't a real
defence against it. Then again, also on fora this might be an issue.

phpBB like you propose is a fine board for a clan site. (I use it
myself, including quite some modifications and I have plans to extend
its usefullness into a complete webcontent creating backend) However, I
find its banning and moderating capabilities for a forum with quite some
visitors rather disappointing. It isn't bad, since it's free to use, but
it lacks in easy backend management.