[bf1942] Future of this list

David Harrison trogspam at games.telstra.com
Mon Jun 16 19:48:50 EDT 2003

> Some people prefer the mailing list, and I'd hate to convert it to
> moderated for that reason.

Personally, I prefer mailing lists that are moderated, but I see the value
in unmoderated mailing lists - as long as there are strict guidelines on
behaviour. People that are posting useless, offtopic drivel should get one
warning, and then be removed from the list if they persist.

Also, might be a good idea to add the unsubscription information to the
footer of the email to help prevent clueless noobs from wasting everyone's
time asking (not everyone knows what email headers are).

-- david