Saftey of remote access

Don K donk at gci.net
Wed Jun 11 16:23:35 EDT 2003

With 1.4 out and apparently working very pimpy I can now afford to be very serious about my servers operation.  One thing I would like to do is run a remote util, like from BlackBagOps, to control high latency users and what have you.  I do have hesitations about leaving the remote access port for the server open.  Near as I can tell it's insecure and I remember reading a sec posting somewhere, granted it was for an older version, where the remote admin port could be used to DOS the machine.  What's the lists opinion/feelings regarding it's use.  Do you guys feel safe with it?  Am I being paranoid or justly cautious?

Znapel