[bf1942] Announcement: BF1942 Linux Dedicated Server open beta
jif at mike3d.net
Wed Jun 11 12:28:36 EDT 2003
Thank you! Already done d/l'ing! :)
From: Fredriksson, Andreas [mailto:andreas.fredriksson at dice.se]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:16 PM
To: 'bf1942 at icculus.org'
Subject: [bf1942] Announcement: BF1942 Linux Dedicated Server open beta
The 1.4 patch is going out today and as promised here
is the first public release of the 1.4 Linux Server beta.
The distribution file can be found on the official site for
the beta program, http://bf1942.lightcubed.com. DICE would
like to thank Steve Getman for providing the hosting for
Here's a quick list of changes since 1.31:
- Lots of bug fixes
- Merged codebases with win32 code
- Switched to threaded UDP message polling
- Console output not relevant to end users removed
- Code compiled with GCC 3.2.2 compiler
- Legacy code not used on dedicated servers has been removed
- XML Logger (disabled by default).
- RtR compatibility
- Map changing between RtR/BF1942 works.
- Implemented status monitor and console (+statusMonitor 1)
- Improved average FPS calculations.
- Both statically and dynamically linked binaries included.
- Start script to deal with library issues.
- The COOP game mode has been temporarily disabled.
- Some of the eariler command line parameters for configuring
GameSpy and ASE ports have not yet been merged in.
For more gameplay specific changes, please see the readme
included with the win32 client patch.
Have fun with your BF1942 servers!
Digital Illusions CE Sthlm AB
Maria Skolgata 83, 5tr
S-118 53 Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 545 18 494
Fax: +46-8-545 18 497
andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
More information about the Bf1942