[bf1942] Tards to ban

Cream[DONut] cream at donut.dk
Sun Jun 1 15:14:45 EDT 2003

It would be GREAT if you could add some extra fields to the banning data,
one that stores the name of the admin, and one where text can be entered
when banning someone, fx. add a reason for the ban, and have the banlist
written in an easy parsable file.

We have written our own adminmod plugin to do this on our CS servers, and
it have made everyone's life ALOT easier when it comes to unbanning people.
the way it works is the admin uses the commando:

admin_ban teamkillername repeatedly shooting at his teammates on purpose

and the log file then gets 5 entries
1. wonid (hashed cd-key "123456")
2. name of offender ("teamkillername")
3. name of admin ("Cream[DONut]")
4. the reason ("repeatedly shooting at his teammates on purpose")
5. time/date ("12:09:35 1-6-2003")

fx. When people come and say "bla bla bla. i dont know why i have been
banned, please unban me", it helps alot to be able to say "sorry, but you
have been permanently banned for repeatedly shooting at your teammates on
purpose".

or maybe someone have been banned 6 months ago for "camping spawn", well
the unbanner can then unban him and give him a warning.

Would be great if this was a native part of BF.

Regards
Cream[DONut]

ps. my bosses are eagerly awaiting the logging function so we can put
player statistics on our website.

Cream[DONut] - www.donut.dk
www.nethouse2000.dk - admin