[bf1942] Off Topic Admin Question

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Thu Jul 31 07:23:46 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, July 31, 2003 09:08:12 AM +0200 Andreas Fredriksson
<andreas.fredriksson at dice.se> wrote:

> A game.setViMode command would be nice for the next patch but I don't
> think they'll let me implement it ;-)

Hehe, reminds me of how surprised I was when I first started using bash and
found it was recognizing Emacs commands.

BTW, as a relatively fast touch typist, I find the keyboard response in the
BF client pretty woeful, with it dropping characters rather than accepting
typeahead. Any chance you can have the UI guys fix that? And also allow
keyboard dismissal of dialogs (ie. tab, enter and escape). This is
particularly important in the console, with the long command names taking
awhile to type if one slows down to avoid losing chars.

It would be fine with me if the FPS dropped substantially when a typing
prompt was visible, so I could get the string typed quickly and out of the
way.